Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with FS315 B

Eftichis
Visitor

Problems with FS315 B

Hi guys!
I am a newcomer to VAIO family as I recently purchased a VGB FS 315B notebook.

I tried to connect it to our office LAN (10/100 Ethernet) however after at least 50 tries, till today I did nothing but spend some time in a worthless way.
The strange thing is that my laptop connects to the internet (DSL line) through the very same LAN connection, however it is IMPOSSIBLE to see the rest computers connected to our office network.
Any ideas on this?

PS. Any hint on what exactly is the network connection 1394?

11 REPLIES 11
Vintel
Visitor

Hello,

I think you can try this:
you should disable the device with the name 1394 network connection. right click and disable. and the computer will automaticly choose the Intel network card.

I hope this will work.

greetings,

Vincent Jacobs

Eftichis
Visitor

Thank you pal! I`ll try this right away....
Keep you informed!

Eftichis
Visitor

I did it but nothing changed.... Thank you anyway...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Eftichis welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:

Is your FS315B workgroup name the same as the office workgroup name :thinking:

carthorian
Visitor

Contact the network administrator, he should be informed when a new computer wants to get access to the network. Perhaps he has put up a mac-adress firewall, or any other security rule to prevent outside computers to gain access.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi

I take it you've run the network wizard and set the workgroup to be the same as your office network?

Could be lots of things - your Network Administrator may need to assign you a specific IP address.

As a matter of interest, can other computers on the Network see your compter? If so, check your Computer Browser is running - this keeps a list of all PCs on the network and may not be updating.

Eftichis
Visitor

Of course it has the same name. I have connected 5 IBM NetVistas into the very same network, and all can see both internet and also each other. Only my laptop cannot see the rest of the workgroup members (only internet).

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Of course it has the same name. I have connected 5 IBM NetVistas into the very same network, and all can see both internet and also each other. 

:smirk: I was only trying to help?

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

I have the same problem with my Vaio laptop. It seems to reject other PC's despite being connected. Download Windows server 2003 and run the command window and type in this exactly

net user guest /active:yes
ntrights +r SeNetworkLogonRight -u Guest.