Join now - be part of our community!

PLEASE HELP - Broken LCD

asitv
Visitor

PLEASE HELP - Broken LCD

Hi,
I bought my new Vaio (VGN S4XP) 3 weeks ago and due to an accident the screen is broken. Actually a small piece of tile on the wall fell on the LCD and it's got a dent in it and has gone complete white (does not work). The rest of the laptop and casing is absolutely fine... Go figure that. 🙂
The model has the 13.3" widescreen Xblack LCD.

I spoke with the Sony guys in UK and they say that it will be sent to Paris and a charge of £41 shipping + return & anywhere from £281 to £400 for replacement might occur. The lady I spoke with could not tell me exact price for a new screen to be replaced.

Does anyone know any other place (in UK) where I can get this done cheaper. If the price is much cheaper then I really do not care about the warranty to be void.

PLEASE HELP!!!
Thanks in advance.

14 REPLIES 14
Kazm
Visitor

Try ebay. I cant believe the screen is that expensive, wats the point then cos u might as well get a new lappy

ant1uk
Visitor

how bout your home insurance?

asitv
Visitor

how bout your home insurance?

I am on deputation in Uk and my belongings are not insured... Well that's probably the only 'very' expensive thing in the house. Others may be in the mark of only £100.

ant1uk
Visitor

the thing is sony wont release the parts to any third party which makes it hard to find anyone that will repair it. they got us by the balls

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

For supply only of the part have a look here - they ship worldwide.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
ant1uk
Visitor

For supply only of the part have a look here - they ship worldwide.

i like this site

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

It is a shame that there is no equivalent in the UK:smileysad:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
William
Visitor

It is a shame that there is no equivalent in the UK:smileysad:

It certainly is, if the USA can do it why not the EU? :cry:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

It certainly is, if the USA can do it why not the EU?

Could it be Sony politics?:smileysad:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat