Join now - be part of our community!

PCG-GRV616S ¿AV Cable?

liliput
Visitor

PCG-GRV616S ¿AV Cable?

Hello,

My system: PCG-GRV616S ; ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000

I have to buy a AV cable to connect to a TV, but I am not sure what kind of cable I have to use.

The AV connector in the laptop is supposed to be minijack (for the audio and vídeo?) so the cable should be minijack to rca, but I have only found someones that are supposed to be used with camcoders, Is it rigth?.

Could you give me a link to a photo of the right av cable?.

I have another doubt, could I watch a dvd on the tv and the desktop on the lcd?

Thank you for yor help.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

You need a Sony VMC20FR AV Cable or equivalent. It is the same cable that is used for Sony video cameras and has 1@multipole jack at one end and 3@Phono/RCA plugs at the other (Red-right audio, White-left audio, Yellow-composite video)

Watching a DVD on both the TV screen and the LCD simultaneously can be a problem because most DVD playing software will use the video overlay which displays only on one monitor.

feederfan
Visitor

Dont worry about getting the exact cable, just get a 3 pole minijack to 3 phono cable off ebay. Like this Then if the Video doesnt show, just switch the phono plugs around till it does, but it should be right, (yellow = video, Red = right sound, White = Left Sound) You can use both screens at once, just go to display properties, then in Overlay settings, set clone mode as either 'The Same' or 'Theater' Hope that helps!