Join now - be part of our community!

Newbie problem: Blue Screen flashing on start up then rebooting.

profile.country.en_GB.title
davidkp
Visitor

Newbie problem: Blue Screen flashing on start up then rebooting.

Well my VGN-FW21L froze up and I ended up having to turn it off at the switch. This time however i didn't have to hold the button down to turn it off, it shut off instantly upon pressing the button.

Now when i try to start it normally, I get the 'loading' bar from windows and then a blue screen flashes up for less than a second and it restarts. I have tried starting it in the other mode and installing drivers? It gives me the option to add drivers, system restore to previous date, or complete system restore. It doesn't however, allow me to do either of the system restores, and comes up with an error message.

Anything I try constantly fails :slight_frown: I really hope the HD isn't dead as I have a lot of files I had yet to back up on there. Do you think that bringing it to a recommended Vaio repair shop would sort it? And do you think it's the drive or the HD?

I'm sorry that my description of the problem is rather confusing and unclear, and if anyone can help out I will upload a video to demonstrate the problem.

Thanks

Tags (4)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
davidkp
Visitor

the blue screen error is: 'Unmountable Boot Volume'