Join now - be part of our community!

My Club Vaio annoyance

MrHyde
Visitor

My Club Vaio annoyance

Hi

Have just boughta Vaio FE41Z to replace a G4 Mac (yes, a switcher, albeit not the way Steve Jobs wants!). I'm quite pleased with my purchase, but I am being annoyed by some of the Sony add-ons, such as the small window which pops up at startup, telling me to connect to the iunternet to update to the latest My Club Vaio. As I don't want to, I would like to switch this off, but don't know how. Can anyone please advise, before it drives me back to the Mac?!

Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mr Hyde

Welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

You should be able to stop My Club Vaio.exe from starting if you go to start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Scheduled Tasks..

Then dis enable the MCV entry..

Or

Depending on your Vaio model Sony has also recently released a Startup fix for My Club VAIO, check out the download section for your Vaio here.

MrHyde
Visitor

I apologise for somehow having posted this in an inappropriate thread, on another topic. :slight_frown: I should have spent longer looking at how the Forum is structured.

Thank you for directing me to the correct download page, as the one I tried did not have my machine (FE41Z) listed. Your link took me to the correct place. As you very obviously know what you're doing, and I'm new to the world of the PC, can I ask how most users would sensibly approach the installation of quite a list of updates to drivers; that is, do you wait 'til something's not working then install an update, or is it worth trawling through all of them and installing them?

Thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mr Hyde,

There is no need to apologise.. :wink:

As vista is new then you will probably find that it's worth installing the updates..

If you're unsure and you want to know what the updates solves, normally if you click on the update, System for example, then click on the Installation Instructions it usually gives a brief outline, here is an example ...

If an update causes an adverse effect then you could always use system restore to return your Vaio back to a point before the update was installed..

With the firmware updates, if you have a happy functioning Vaio, then as the old saying goes if ain't broke don't fix it.. :wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I agree with you Mr Hyde, it's a right pain.

Just wait til Leopard, I bet you'll be using the Mac again :wink: