Join now - be part of our community!

Mp3's to Vaio Pocket - I don't get it!!!

Crystal.Bln
Visitor

Mp3's to Vaio Pocket - I don't get it!!!

When I was reading through this Forum it still is unclear if it really works! The most Threads stop by solving the secret.

I my opinion it doesn't work, but if you can't tranfer a Mp3 with "Music Transfer" for what was than the update for "Music Tranfer" for? I mean wasn't it possible before to but in an Mp3 an it got converted in Atrac?

I got cheated by Sony and they lied in there prospects. The reasons that I don't have to convert my Music was the only reason why I brought this VP.

Please show me a way how I can transfer mp3 to my VP without converting them!!!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

to transfer mp3s you need to have the firmware updated to version 3, sonic stage version 2.3 and the latest version of music transfer (1.1 i think). the files are transferred without a full conversion, but a key or something is added to the file as it is transferred and the extension is changed to .oma . it's not just an mp3 with a different extension, as renaming an mp3 to oma doesn't work on the vp and oma to mp3 doesn't work either. my guess is that ss adds a key to identify the computer the file originated on and to authorise the vp to play it, thereby preventing you from listening to your music then hooking it up to your friend's computer and transferring all the files off it. they obviously haven't considered that using the vp as a portable hard drive enables this to happen just as easily.. and it really hacks me off cos i can't do anything else on my pc whilst it's transferring tracks. the hardware's great but i hope that sony make some major improvements to the software - like proper playlisting support, i want to be able to use my pc playlists on my vp but can't without adding the same files 6 or 7 times. :angry:

Psaila
Visitor

Please Read My Reply Here , It my Help

Or You Could Read The File From

Here

I have had a few moments trying to help, but I found that If I follow in order the Update and registration all went well , But That was In My case . hope It Helps

Crystal.Bln
Visitor

It seemed to me as if th Music Tranfer is slower by putting my Mp3 into the VP than the SonicStage Software. Does the Music Tranfer convert my files and not just hang the oma thing on or doeas both Programs to the same?

profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

they both do the same thing, i think. the difference is music transfer will be reading all the id tags etc., whereas sonic stage reads all that data when you import (reimporting my 3500 mp3s to ss last night took over 20 minutes). music transfer has to do this as it is copying files, so that's what slows it down (i think).