Join now - be part of our community!

Memory Card Adapter VGP-MCA20

johanneswischt
Visitor

Memory Card Adapter VGP-MCA20

hi, i bought my vaio half a year ago.
i didnt use the memory card adapter that came along with the laptop since that, but was trying so yesterday.
however it is acting very ...interesting... i'd say.

if i put the adapter in first and then the sd card, nothing is happening at all.
if i put the adapter and then put the sd card in, but push it for a few secs, windows is recognizing it at least
and if i keep it pushed i can write and read from the sd card like it should be.

has anyone the same problem?
...or an idea how to fix it?

thanks,
j

4 REPLIES 4
lutnicx
Visitor

Hi,
I have got VGN-C1Z laptop. I have the same problem with my memory card adapter. I have to push it further in for Windows to see it. When released, windows stops seeing it...
Should I send it back to Sony?...
Thanks

lutnicx
Visitor

Hi,
I have got VGN-C1Z laptop. I have the same problem with my memory card adapter. I have to push it further in for Windows to see it. When released, windows stops seeing it...
Should I send it back to Sony?...
Thanks

Sorry, just to clarify: that happens when actually placing a card into the adapter

marcolelectro
Visitor

I have the same probleme and if I try to read a sd card using another card reader I cannot neither.
As for sending you laptop back, I guess your not french (No warranty in France but it's forbidden to tell it)
Did you succed in reading your cards ?

cuspid33
Visitor

Hello, I've got the same problem. My laptop is almost 2 years old, and it did'nt occur till now. Made contact with Vaio service and they promised me to fix the problem. (still waiting)