Join now - be part of our community!

laptop is malfunctioning

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
-Chevonne.
Visitor

laptop is malfunctioning

Recently my screen wasnt working, the laptop would start up but then change to a light grey colour, a trouble shoot option popped up which i clicked and i reseet the laptop (so it was as if i turnt it on the the first time). when it turnt it back on there was only desktop, store and internet and a fe vaio apps on the windows screen. the screen ap wont open and neither will the pc settings so that i can reset the laptop again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It is difficult to understand exactly what you have done.

All I can suggest is that you contact Vaio Support and troubleshoot the problem with them.

As I said, I think you will need to return your Vaio to factory condition and start again from scratch.

Press the ASSIST button when the Vaio is completely turned OFF.  Follow the screen instructions for a Full Recovery from the Recovery area.  This may take several hours, so make sure the Vaio is attached to the AC mains power and to the internet  You will find the instructions in your 'Troubleshooting and Recovery Guide' here:

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/manuals/consumer/4445110111.pdf

:thinking:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Chevonne and welcome.

We need more information before we can help.

1.  What Vaio model do you have?

2.  What Operating System are you using? Windows 7? Windows 8?

3.  Exactly which Troubleshooting option did you choose?

If you used 'Refresh Windows', you will have deleted everything except Windows and Windows Settings and a few items from the Apps Store.

You will probably have to return the Vaio to factory Settings but please answer the above questions first.

-Chevonne.
Visitor

1. I have a vaio e series model.
  2. I'm using windows 8.
  3. I used the reset trouble shooting option, i still have settings, but it just wont open:smileyplain:
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It is difficult to understand exactly what you have done.

All I can suggest is that you contact Vaio Support and troubleshoot the problem with them.

As I said, I think you will need to return your Vaio to factory condition and start again from scratch.

Press the ASSIST button when the Vaio is completely turned OFF.  Follow the screen instructions for a Full Recovery from the Recovery area.  This may take several hours, so make sure the Vaio is attached to the AC mains power and to the internet  You will find the instructions in your 'Troubleshooting and Recovery Guide' here:

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/manuals/consumer/4445110111.pdf

-Chevonne.
Visitor

#AMAZING:smileyhappy::smileycool::smileygrin: Thank you very much for helping.