Join now - be part of our community!

In case OF THEFT...HOW CAN I FIND THE SERIAL NUMBER OF VAIO ON THE PAGE OF CLUB VAIO??

Dreamgirl89
Visitor

In case OF THEFT...HOW CAN I FIND THE SERIAL NUMBER OF VAIO ON THE PAGE OF CLUB VAIO??

Hi. This afternoon two people have stolen from my hands, my splendid sony vaio VGN-cr11s PINK. I live in Latin America, and I have made a report of theft to the local police. They have informed me that needed the serial number or any specific datum for seeing if they can find it; in case that the thieves sue to be connected to the internet, with the serial number the police can try to track my beloved vaio down. I can't find the code in others papers of the laptop. HOW CAN I FIND THE SERIAL NUMBER OF MY LAPTOP ON THE PAGE OF CLUB VAIO? And If there is Another Way to discover the code.. Which it would Be? I ask if it is possible to find it on the page of the club vaio because when one is recorded they immediately ask you the serial number and I think, that obviously remains in the database of the page. I hope it receives some answers in a short time. Please help me. A vaio is a vaio. Thanks and i'm apologize for my not very good english.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Dreamgirl89

I'm sorry to read that your Vaio has been stolen.. :slight_frown:

I have escalated this onto Vaio-link who should hopefully contact you soon using the original contact details that you supplied when you registered your Vaio..

Once Vaio-link has the following information Sony can place your Vaio onto the stolen database....

- the serial number of your stolen vaio..
- a copy of the police report..
- contact details of the police department handling the theft..

You may be able to find your serial number on the Vaio registration page .. :thinking:

Have you used E-support before..?

If so CLICK HERE and enter your Log-in name followed by your password into the boxes provided.

Once the Vaio support home pages loads select Manage the products you registered.

Click on the + next to the model number to display the Serial Number

Dreamgirl89
Visitor

THALAMUS you are My Hero!!!

Thank you very much for help me!! Now I have the serial number and tomorrow I will go to the police department to see if with this datum they can track mine Vaio down. I have to communicate the theft to Sony, to insert my vaio in the database of the stolen products... however I don't know what I have to do. Can you tell me the page Sony or the contact of Sony for communicating the theft?

I also wanted to know if you know some method to track a laptop without connecting it to the internet down, if Sony has some sensor in the computers that themselves can watch over and to know where every laptop is. Probably my vaio is already discharge and therefore hardly for now they can be connected to internet, without the loader of the battery, and without my passwords. For this I wonder me if there is some other method to find away her apart of the police and the search internet.

However thanks a lot for the precious information that you have already furnished me. If you find anything you think i can try for found my precious Vaio, i will be here ready for do what you say!!!

Thanks a lot. I wait for more answers and suggestions. Bye

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I have to communicate the theft to Sony, to insert my vaio in the database of the stolen products... however I don't know what I have to do. Can you tell me the page Sony or the contact of Sony for communicating the theft?

Hi Dreamgirl,

I have escalated this onto Vaio-link (Sony) who should hopefully contact you soon using the original contact details that you supplied when you registered your Vaio..

However if you wish to contact Vaio-Link (Sony) yourself then you can find the contact details HERE