Join now - be part of our community!

improve performances k315z

c1181427
Visitor

improve performances k315z

HI ALL.
i have a k315z and i would like to know if is there a way to improve the performance of my laptop, maybe increasing the fan's power. but how do i do that?
any suggestion will be welcome:smileywink:

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

The best way to improve performance is to add more RAM. You should also try turning off any background processes that aren't useful to you (say file indexing etc). Finally take a look on google for optimising XP, it should return some tutorials on tuning.

I doubt that altering the fan speed will make any significant performance improvements.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Setting the Power Options to 'Performance' will actually increase the performance, but the fan will run on high almost constantly. And it is loud. Otherwise dinks suggestion is the best. If you want to upgrade to 1GB of RAM, remember that you will almost certainly have two 256Mb sticks of RAM in your computer, so will need to replace them both. But be sure to check first.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Defragmenting every month is also a good thing. Right click the hard disk and click on properties. Click on the tools tab and click on defrag.

Another thing is don't have programs on the system you don't use.

Run Spyware programs often to keep spyware from slowing you down.

Leave at least 5GB on C:
'
Keep antvirus up to date.