Join now - be part of our community!

Hybrid tuner and Windows Media Center

Japps
Visitor

Hybrid tuner and Windows Media Center

I have a Vaio AR11S and I understand it has a hybrid tuner, capable of receiving both analogue and digital signals. Does this mean I can watch/record 2 different channels simultaneously?? and if so, how do I get it to work with media center?? At the moment I can only watch/record one channel at a time :slight_frown: . any help much appreciated!

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Japps,

Welcome to Club Vaio. :slight_smile:

No unfortunately you can only watch and record one channel at a time.. :slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
haal-kh98
Visitor

Is it possible to play games on the AR series? For example, on AR21M?
Does it require other external connectors?
Because:
1. Seen the Ad flash ("Showcase - take a closer look") for the FE series which shows you can play gaming console on your FE series.
2. Heard you can play games on some laptops with high configuration + which has a S-Video out port (which the AR & FE series have)
Sorry, i know its not related to this post...but just wanted to know. :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You can only watch and record one channel. Hybrid just means it can get digital and analogue channels

Waqz
Visitor

I have Media Center. How do you watch channels on it? Please could somebody explain.

Dekesh
Visitor

does your laptop have a built in TV tuner or USB TV tuner?

Waqz
Visitor

Ok where do i find that if it has?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Ok where do i find that if it has?

Look in the Specifications for your model

It is always helpful if you say what model Vaio you have - you are much more likely to get a helpful answer.

It is only some of the AR-Series laptops that have built in tuners - no other models have integrated tuners although some do have tuners in the dedicated Docking Stations.

:thinking:

Waqz
Visitor

Vgn-N11M. So i dont probably have it.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

No Waqz - your N-Series is too small !!!!

You will need ONE OF THESE to watch and record TV on your Vaio.

:wink: