Join now - be part of our community!

HOW TO USE SCREEN AS MONITOR WITH AV IN - AR21S

winstonluk
Visitor

HOW TO USE SCREEN AS MONITOR WITH AV IN - AR21S

Hey everyone,

I have just bought a Sony Vaio AR21s, working fine, but just one small thing which has become a slight obsesseion - how do i use the AV IN 3.5mm jack on the side to connect external things such as a PS2/VCR etc.? My old Toshiba qosmio which was stolen recently left me with a Female comopsite to 3.5mm converter (shown below) and i was wondering if i could use this?

i tried attaching my ps2 through this to my vaio but i cant find ANYTHING ANYWHERE about how to access this through the software. Both staff at the sony shop and on the phone have been utterly useless; so pleaaaaaaaaaaase could someone put me out of my misery and tell me how to do it?

any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

The Videochipset has to support VIVO. Does your VAIO support it?

VideoIN/VideoOUT.

NVIDIAs VIVO driver are just available for Windows XP. (32bit only)

winstonluk
Visitor

i dont know - is there anyway i can find out?

there aren't any settings in the nvidia control panel, so would it be possible to download new nvidia software to enable the port?

i find it a bit pointless to add an av in port if they arent going to let the computer use it!

thanks anyway!

profile.country.en_.title
@0264405400002079
Visitor

hi winstonluk, i have an ar21s aswell.As far as i can tell it is only meant to be used for importing video for editing from vhs/anologue camcorders etc with click to dvd /adobe etc and cannot be used as a monitor.

winstonluk
Visitor

Thanks for your response about this - it just leads me now to see if there is any 3rd party software that can let you view this input in a larger screen!

if not then obviously sony have missed a big one here by not including it, claiming this to be the ultimate media machine

anyone else had any experiences?