Join now - be part of our community!

how to remove the recovery partition on a SZ1

fr60419
New

how to remove the recovery partition on a SZ1

I'va made 2 DVD backup of the recovery partition and that will be fun to remove it now and to have the 7Gb free on the C:

Can you tell me how to remove it.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi hackel,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Here are Sony's instructions on how to delete the special recovery partition from a VAIO that has HDDR?

Good luck. :slight_smile:

fr60419
New

Thank you thalamus...but where are this instructions ??

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:smileyd_oh: Sorry here are the instructions

fr60419
New

I'm a little confuse with the point 5 :

"Once the required files are on the correct partition, your VAIO will restart and it will go to Windows Setup where you need to configure Windows according to your preferences to complete the setup."

What does this mean ?? I wish no change will be made to my windows's partition. I didn't want to install windows again.

If I ask you this question, it's to be sure because english isn't my motherly language.

theFOX
Visitor

just keep the cds as backup, but i dont advise u to remove the recovery partition.
i think if u want to remove it, u will have to format your pc full recovery and then set the partitions size.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi hackel,

I'm afraid you cannot change the default partition sizes without reformating the whole drive.

All data on drive C: and drive 😧 will be deleted along with the data in the Recovery Partition. All software then needs to be reinstalled.

So back up everything first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think twice before you do this. I would rather keep the Recovery Partition and have bought an external USB hard drive.

If you do decide to do the full recovery, make sure you make more than one set of Recovery Discs and check them for errors before you do the reformat.

:bulb:

fr60419
New

Thank you very much for all your response. I'm gonna leave this partition, I don't want to reinstalled all of my programs.

neenee
Visitor

hm.. a program such as partition magic would allow you
to remove the recovery partition and resize the partitions
you are left with.

but it's not a free solution and restoring from dvds or cds
would be slower than from the recovery partition.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You're best using Sony's instructions as Partition Magic has been a bit of a pain for some users (ask Carelino)