Join now - be part of our community!

How long dose it take for your repair ?

nordiska
Visitor

How long dose it take for your repair ?

My vaio pc got some problem with its fan gettting noiser and they picked it up to repair centre and told me the nomarl turn over time was around 10 to 15 working days, but now,it has been more than 40 days in total already, and it is still on the waiting list for any action to be taken.....:smileycry: Do they call this a dedicate warranty service ?? Wot abt you guys expericence ?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

40 days is well over the top and is an unreasonable time for a repair. Phone them, tell them they have a further 10 days to return a fully repaired computer otherwise you will have to take legal advice. I would also tell them that you expect your warranty to be extended by a month because of the delay.

Insist that you speak to a supervisor. Be polite but stick to your guns.

If you can, phone them every couple of days and keep a record of what you & they say.

All the above assumes this is a warranty repair. Good luck, hope you get it sorted out quickly.

Vas
Visitor

Trust me if you don't call them more often, then they will take their time.

The repair time is a bit bad with Sony computers. I don't know about other brands.

Vas
Visitor

If you can, phone them every couple of days

I agree but, what about the phone bills?
Maybe this is the other way Sony make money for the repair.

kee-lo_

Say "This call maybe monitored for quality purposes", then they know you're recording.

Vas
Visitor

Say "This call maybe monitored for quality purposes", then they know you're recording.

Ha.. ha:smileylaugh: :laughing:
We should really

I actually thought about it.

Vas
Visitor

Here, Sonic Stage Mastering Studio would be useful.
Having Skype is another advantage.

kee-lo_

Yeah Skype is handy