Join now - be part of our community!

How do I restore to factory settings for VGN AW11S/B vista 32

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
iceman630
Visitor

How do I restore to factory settings for VGN AW11S/B vista 32

I have erased all the data off my Vaio VGN AW11S/B vista 32bit laptop in error and although i thought i had done recvery discs, these are not recognised and all i get is operating system not found.

Is there any way i can get discs to re-install it to factory settings as when I purchsed it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

HI Roy,

Assuming you have not deleted the recovery partition on the hard drive you will have the option to recover to factory settings by pressing and holding F10 at boot – this should launch the recovery utility.

Otherwise you can order a set of recovery disks from Support by calling the OOW number. From the UK the number is 0905 0310006 (£0.35/min). The cost of recovery disks is approx. £50.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

HI Roy,

Assuming you have not deleted the recovery partition on the hard drive you will have the option to recover to factory settings by pressing and holding F10 at boot – this should launch the recovery utility.

Otherwise you can order a set of recovery disks from Support by calling the OOW number. From the UK the number is 0905 0310006 (£0.35/min). The cost of recovery disks is approx. £50.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat