Join now - be part of our community!

How can i find my case number??

RainMan
Visitor

How can i find my case number??

Hi everybodey.
I just buy VGN-FS 315S
i want to format my hard drive, and make my XP.
Thus i need my video driver (Nvidia Go 6400 )
There is drivers folderin the partition C:/, but video driver has no setup exe ????
I need this like a water..
Before i got also VAIO laptop (K 215S) . I enter the support from Sony (UK) and repair status. There is serial no, and case number. Serial no from my laptop is ok , but i could not find the case number.
This is new. Last year i also download the drivers from same support site. But at that moment there was not case no :((

I regestered my laptop, but there is no case number came to my e-mail :((

Where is that case number????

Please help, any idea.....

Greathings..

RainMan

4 REPLIES 4
Budice
Visitor

Hi
Your case number is generated when you report a fault. When you log in you should see an option for opening a new case and also for checking an EXISTING case. You should find your case number there. hope this helps.

drinkfeckarse
Visitor

RainMan
Visitor

Do you have any idea, how can i find my video driver for my notebook??
If i can find it i'll be too happy :slight_smile:
You know FS 315S have GeForce Go 6400 video chip ..
hus i need video driver for GeForce Go 6400

Thanks a lot

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

There is drivers folderin the partition C:/, but video driver has no setup exe ????

If there is no setup file in the Video driver folder then in device manager expand ‘display adapters’, right click on the adapter and select properties.

On the Driver tab click Update Driver.

Check ‘Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)’, click Next.

Check ‘Include this location in the search’, and then click Browse and locate your Video driver folder. Click next.

This will hopefully install the correct drivers.

Btw there are two different video adapters fitted to this model, make sure that you are using the Nvidia driver not the Intel one. If you have a choice of Video folder the Nvidia driver should be in video2.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat