Join now - be part of our community!

FZ21M NVIDIA fault and heat issue

profile.country.en_GB.title
sapatel2725
Visitor

FZ21M NVIDIA fault and heat issue

Hi, my Vaio FZ21M is starting to show signs of defect, upon resume from  hibernate square artefacts can be seen; similar to those that appear as a result  of the NVIDIA GPU fault on these systems. I’ve noticed this unit is part of the  systems affected by this fault, worth mentioning too there is excessive heat  from the unit too and it can be felt all over the unit. What are my options for  such faults, I’d appreciate a check over/repair before the problem worsens.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You will need to talk to Vaio Support and check if you do in fact have the known nVidia problem.

If you do have the known fault, Sony offer an extended warranty of 4 years from purchase for this particular repair.

:neutral:

profile.country.en_GB.title
sapatel2725
Visitor

Does anyone know how to get in touch with support, preferably email, don't fancy the premium rate phone no. as I've heard that i'll be in an endless loop trying to resolve things, and would actually like to avoid extortionate repair fees, especially when i know that the graphics issue should be repaired for free.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Because a discussion is needed to see if your problem is actually caused by the known fault and to see if you qualify for the free repair, I think that the premium rate (out of warranty) phoneline contact is the only way forward.