Join now - be part of our community!

File sharing

profile.country.GB.title
tabaheights
Explorer

File sharing

I have a VGC-RA304 desk top and a VGN-BX194VP is it possible to connect the two together to file share, which is the best way? I dont want to record onto disc if I can help it, would Lap Link be an option?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

That is happen to what you would like to share.
You can make a simple network with Windows and share specific folders.

You can use VAIO Media on both PCs or VAIO-Zone. That will do the same shop, just more nice and maybe more simple. (But it's limited in supported formats)

Or you could use Windows Media Connect. That's compare able to VAIO Media and supports more file formats. I would prefer this one if you want only share music, videos and so on.

VAIO-Media and VAIO-Zone should be preinstalled or on your recovery discs. You can get Windows Media Connect from the Windows Update site. You will find it under additional software updates.

profile.country.GB.title
tabaheights
Explorer

Vaio media or vaio zone is not installed on the VGN-BX194VP

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Could you not just do an ad-hoc connection using your ethernet ports & a RJ34 cable

You can use the new conection wizard in network connections (control Panel) to set this up. select the sut up an advanced connection.

Does that answer you question?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Just use the WIFI connection and make an ad-hoc network if you don't have a router

profile.country.GB.title
tabaheights
Explorer

Thanks for the adviceevery one.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

No problem derek :slight_smile: