Join now - be part of our community!

Excessive heating up of my laptop.

rajib
Visitor

Excessive heating up of my laptop.

Hi,
Can anyone help me with suggestion regarding excessive heating up of my laptop.
I have got FZ11S bought 6 months back. since last one month I am finding its getting very hot after using the laptop for over an hour and half.

I would highly appreciate if someone can suggest me how to deal with this problem.
Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi rajib and welcome.

I would find out what is overheating by downloading the free program :

PC WIZARD 2008

Under Hardware -> Voltage, Temperature and Fans, check the CPU Temperature, GPU Temperature and Mainboard Temperature and see if any are reporting over 65 degrees.

It may be as simple as cleaning out your air vents with compressed air or in a bad case, stripping the Vaio to clean out the vents.

:wink:

tameril
Visitor

I stumbled across this post and checked my temperatures too. CPU has been idle-ing at 49-55 C for a while now and probably will have to open the laptop at some point to clean up the vent (compressed air didn't do much). When I bought the laptop it was idleing at 39-45C. GPU is also at 50-55C after playing Vanguard for a while.

But what concerns me is my HDD temp. It sais 35-37C From what I remember, it shouldn't get over 35C, if I want my HDD alive. What could be causing the HDD to heat up like that?

googles0987
Visitor

I've just checked mine after noticing how hot it gets.

Processor 1 = 69C
Processor 2 = 69C
GPU = 69C
HDD = 38C

It's been turned on for about 2 hours. I'm kinda concerned now cos the laptop is only a week old.

Any advice?