Join now - be part of our community!

DVD will not open on Vaio-VGN-AR21S after installing Vista

skywalker2508
Visitor

DVD will not open on Vaio-VGN-AR21S after installing Vista

I have a strange problem , after installing Vista on my brandnew Vaio-VGN-AR21S , I could not open the dvd player with the exit button anymore, it will not eject the dvd anymore. Do I need to install a vista driver first for this? can anybody help me out of this?
can anybody tell me also how i change the bootsearch order on this device, in order that it boots from HD first in stead of dvd??? with a reboot it everytimes try to install winows vista again.

3 REPLIES 3
fan97122769
Visitor

I have a strange problem , after installing Vista on my brandnew Vaio-VGN-AR21S  , I could not open the dvd player with the exit button anymore, it will not eject the dvd anymore. Do I need to install a vista driver first for this? can anybody help me out of this?
can anybody tell me also how i change the bootsearch order on this device, in order that it boots from HD first in stead of dvd??? with a reboot it everytimes try to install winows vista again.

You need to install the drivers to enable the front buttons to work (Soz dont know the link to them).

Alternatively, the dvd drive will have a very small black button on the side of it which you can use. Alternatively goto `my computer` left click and press eject.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Skywalker

Welcome to Club Vaio

Download the Vista Utilities listed below for your AR21S from here , once downloaded then install the following, in order.

1. Sony Utilities
2. Sony Shared Library
3. Vaio Event Service
4. Setting Utility Series

To change your boot sequence, when starting your VAIO, Press F2 to enter BIOS Setup when Sony Logo appears, then press the F9 to load default BIOS configuration, then "Yes" to confirm.

Check the boot sequence, if correct press F10 to save and exit, enter to confirm..

skywalker2508
Visitor

Thalamus,

thanks for the URL, I followed your instructions, but I still can not use the front buttons of my desktop. The small button on the player it self is working fine, I did not notice this at first site, so at least I was able to get my Vista Installation CD out of the drive.

Thanks for the instructions to change the boot sequence, I was able to manage that one.

Further instructions are welcome,

cheers Ray