Join now - be part of our community!

Display Driver for Windows 10

chinmoy1955
Explorer

Display Driver for Windows 10

My laptop is Sony Vaio Fit-14 (Model SVF14N2A4E). I have uograded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Since the upgrade I can't adjust the display brightness with the function keys (Fn+F5). The settings menu also does not have a slider for brightness control. Is there any Windows 10 display driver for this model? If not, then is there any workaround for this silly problem?

3 REPLIES 3
rebecca631

I have also had a lot of problems with my upgrade. I think Windows 10 is so new, they haven't created all of the updates yet or worked out all the kinks. It is a bit frustrating. I couldn't get the scroll to work for a long time. 

chinmoy1955
Explorer

It is not only a problem with Windows, it is partly a problem with Sony
Corp. They are not developing drivers for Windows 10. After upgrading my
laptop to Windows 10, I can't play any videos because of a display driver
problem. The video plays only on the left half of the screen, the right
half shows bands of colour. The problem is with both Windows Media Player a
well as Zoom Player. VLC media player is working ok.
profile.country.GB.title
Spendwell

Sony may be a bit slow but Microsoft are not, so I am surprised that the correct driver was not available when you started this thread.

It it were me I would install the Windows 8.1 driver from the support page for your model. And then use wushowhide, the Microsoft tool to stop Windows update from forcing the "wrong" driver onto you again.

In fact this is exactly what I did last year when I first installed 10 on my Vaio.