Join now - be part of our community!

Digital Cameras

Martingill
Visitor

Digital Cameras

I'm looking to buy a new digital camera, is there any way of knowing if I will be able to transfer the pictures directly from it to my Vaio? Will Sony cameras definitely work? Also if the camera doesn't let me transfer the pictures a CF reader will work won't it?

Thanks

Martin

5 REPLIES 5
Vas
Visitor

If you buy a Sony Digital camera then it will definitely work because you have Memory Stick slot on your Vaio.
Any other camera, you may have to buy a card reader.
Which Vaio do you have. The newer ones has SD I think.

William
Visitor

I have had in the past a Fujifilm camera (SD memory) and now own a Sony one (DSC-V1). Both had a USB socket and came with a cable.

Whenever you plug the camera into a USB socket on the computer the camera is recognised and supplied software transfers the pictures to your HDD and displays them.

Martingill
Visitor

Cheers. Have the VGF-AP1L. Brought it in April so its fairly new. And am looking to buy the Sony DSCS80 digital camera, so fingers crossed it should work. And William I want to put pictures straight onto my Vaio Personal Music player without using a computer as I won't have one when I'm away. It saves me buying a bigger memory card!

chris_lewis
Visitor

Seeing as your keeping it all Sony you should be ok, I have heard it can take a while to transfer pic tho...

HTH

C

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I recomend the N1 with all my heart :heart_eyes: