Join now - be part of our community!

Could anyone help me out???

Could anyone help me out???

Hello everyone!!!

I bought a vaio FS315H notebook in austria last november, but unfortunately the entire set up isin german, language that I am not able to understand...is there a way to change it to either english or portuguese????

thank you so much,

photographer1966

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi photographer1966 and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, to achieve a change of language you need to purchase and install your own language version of XP. It will then be necessary to download and install the pre-installed drivers and utilities from Vaio-Link (or extract them from your recovery CDs).

After completing this it will be possible to re-install the Sony applications from your recovery media, but these will of course be in the original language.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
carthorian
Visitor

Hi photographer1966  and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, to achieve a change of language you need to purchase and install your own language version of XP. It will then be necessary to download and install the pre-installed drivers and utilities from Vaio-Link (or extract them from your recovery CDs).

After completing this it will be possible to re-install the Sony applications from your recovery media, but these will of course be in the original language.

yes and no

He does not need to buy an english version of Windows XP.
Language settings can be chosen on first load. So when you return your notebook to manufacturers settings, you should be able to select your language of choice.

I do agree however that there is no simple icon to click to change the language.