Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting Video Camera to VGC-V2M

Jassi
Visitor

Connecting Video Camera to VGC-V2M

Hi all, I'v currently got a problem with connecting my mini dv (video) camera to my sony vgc-v2m. Can anybody tell me how it can be done, would i need to use the s-video (is that the single wire) line or use the other wire (3 connecters, red yellow white). I currently do not have the analog antana atached or set up.

Would i need to first connect my tv cable and scan for the basic channels and then try the camera as an external (av1 thingy) input?

I really need to know this asap as i have to burn my university project to a dvd.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Jassi

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Jassi,

Your V2M has a 4-pin DV input (firewire i.Link Port) specially designed for DV Camcorder input.

Don't know exactly where it is on your model but it will be on the side of the main unit.

Just connect it and select i.Link in Click to DVD and it should recognise the input. You can import, edit and burn to DVD.

:wink:

Jassi
Visitor

Ok mate yup it has one, i'll need to get the cable for this, i'v uninstalled click 2 dvd any idea how i can get this back without recovering my pc.

p.s. whats the cable called, that i need to buy?

Thanks again.

Regards
Jassi

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Jassi,

Your Vaio will pick it up automatically when you connect the camera. Nothing for you to do at all.

It depends what connection you have on the camcorder - I imagine you just need a 4-pin to 4-pin firewire cable like THIS ONE

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Start -> All Programs -> Vaio Recovery Tool -> Vaio Recovery Utility.

At the first Main Menu, click on the "Options" button at the bottom.
Choose "Recover Applications that were Previously Installed"
Pick 'Click to DVD' from the list and Reinstall.

There are probably some updates on Vaio-Link if you want the latest version but they are big downloads of 100MB - VAIO-LINK DOWNLOADS

Jassi
Visitor

Cheers mate for al the help, just download click 2 dvd yup 100mb downloaded in 5mins :tongue: done!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Good luck with your project Jassi.

:slight_smile: