Join now - be part of our community!

Can any help per this message please? (This version of system recovery options is not compatible)

profile.country.en_GB.title
jamdown2010
Explorer

Can any help per this message please? (This version of system recovery options is not compatible)

Hello all

My laptop is a Sony vpcee3z0e

I had a bad fault a few years ago and fortunately I used my backup and redid a HSTC disk that I bought,  I was lucky because the new hard drive wisent identical to the original Hitachi, but it worked, and as a bonus I was able to restore the original HD after fixing some bad bits on the drive.

I now have another HGST HD that I would like to Image from the backup just as was did before, not having the same success that I had with the other HGST for some reason.

I got this message "This version of system recovery options is not compatible re trying to repair.   Try using a recovery disk a is compatible with this version of windows"

After several retries with the same results (puzzled) I formatted the drive with a sata adaptor, and when I now try to find the disk in "my computer" there is no show.

When I plug in the adaptor usb, it’s shown in the notification area and in "device manager"

Rt/click my computer> disk management it also shows, but not able to see the drive in my computer, I thought I would format it again but no menu or format tool shows.

Whenever I plug a flash drive into a USB port it is always detected by my antivirus prompt

Buy not so with this drive.

Being an amateur still in this field, I remain puzzled, and I hope some one here recognizes the symptoms an is able to give some advice, which would be grateful received.

0 REPLIES 0