Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth

mattbees
Visitor

Bluetooth

I recently installed a belkin bluetoth usb adaptor thing but Im a bit dissappointed with what it does (or doesn't) do. On my old win98 pc I had an Infrared adaptor and when I wanted to send photos or whatever from my phone, all I had to do was send it via Ir from my mobile. Simple. But with my bluetooth adaptor, it just doesnt work. I can send things from my laptop to my phone but not vice versa. I had a look at the windows help info and it said windows supports object push without additional software, so surely it should just work? I had software provided with my phone (sony ericsson k700i) which allows sync and file transfer etc but its useless and just messes everything up and I dont like it anyway. Is there no way windows can be set to receive files like it does with Ir? Also, does sony provide decent bluetooth software with their laptops with built in bluetooth, and can it be installed and used with my adaptor?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
mattbees
Visitor

actually i just worked out how you do it and now i feel a bit silly. Thanks anyway!