Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth radio button disabled

Champion23
Explorer

Bluetooth radio button disabled

While trying to update Windows 7 in my VGN-FZ11S, the computer froze at the stage of "Do not turn your computer off" and I had to reboot.  This messed up my graphics card but I managed to recover it.  However, Bluetooth now does not work.  There is no Bluetooth adapter in the network adapters, and no Bluetooth icon in the devices.  However, Bluetooth drivers for RFCOMM and USB controller are present and "working properly"; and the relevant Services are started.  I can open Bluetooth Settings but when I click any of the present active and attached devices (wireless bluetooth mouse) or click "New Connection" I get a message that "Bluetooth has not started". Also, when in Bluetooth Settings, if I click Bluetooth ->Options it shows "Radio is Disabled" but with no choice to Enable. And if under Options I run Diagnostics, it shows that both "Check communication with Bluetooth Device" and "Check for remote Bluetooth Device" as "FAILED".  Is there anything I can try to active Bluetooth?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi @Champion23,

I have replied to your original post here:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/pcs-accessories/lost-bluetooth/m-p/2153178#M136125

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat