Join now - be part of our community!

Blue Screen of Death? No idea why - too fast to read what it says!

Spinstorm
Visitor

Blue Screen of Death? No idea why - too fast to read what it says!

Hey

I had my laptop repaired by Sony recently - and all the hardware seems to be sorted but I am having blue screen issues.

I got it back had it for a few days and it seemed to be slow so after I got a blue screen after trying to install spyware doctor (to protect my PC - there is nothing on it!) I decided to re-install windows - so I did just that.

I reinstalled everything - did all the Sony updates to drivers and software and then installed Napster and I got a blue screen!

So I restarted and for about 20 times I got a blue screen as soon as Windows started - I booted into safe mode and did a system restore to before I installed Naspter and it is working again now.

But I don't think Napster is the cause of it - the blue screen came so quick I had no idea what it said... any ideas? I have a FE11S?

Anyway I can find out what the blue screen was caused by?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

LOL, Napster is the cause of it. :tongue:

skykit84
New

in order to read the bluescreen, you need to turn off automatically restart option

go into control panel>system
Then Advanced Tab
Then Startup and Recovery button
And lastly, uncheck the automatically restart checkbox

Maybe you want to try and install Napster now and see what the bluescreen states

apierc1
Visitor

I have a bluescreen and it goes too fast for me to read, I'm pretty sure it's a WinTV/Media center thing, but will the blue screen help clarify the problem as the event logger doesn't and the details after it restarts don't help wither :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Andy,

Hopefully the details on the BSOD will identify either a hardware or driver problem and at least give a clue as to what the problem is…

This link may be of help to you.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
skykit84
New

WinTV could be the cause, mines causing it under Vista but only if your reboot/shutdown with the usb thing plugged in.