Join now - be part of our community!

blu-ray output to hd tv

moe1013
Visitor

blu-ray output to hd tv

Hi

I have an fz21s and was trying to play my first blu ray disc via hdmi to my samsung tv. Although the blu ray player works fine on the laptop the disc stops and displays the message "display enviroment does not support protected content".

Please tell me I am doing something wrong and there is a fix to this! Using the supplied software and fully updated..Help! v dissapointed

8 REPLIES 8
ZAP8
Visitor

hi! I had the same problem when i tried first time to see a blu-ray on a tv throgh HDMI out of my vaio.
Then i've selected this option on SET MULTIPLE MONITOR on the NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL, "Use just one monitor".
I don't really know why you can't see the blu-ray Movie on the tv screen and same time on the laptop monitor,but it works so... enjoy!

moe1013
Visitor

Ah....Have changed it on the "normal" control panel settings. Forgot about the Nvidia control. I will give that a try. My understanding is the message relates to copyright protection and this may be affected by the type of tv. Not sure if it will help but thanks for the reply.

flygrc
Visitor

It didnt help for me with one sreen, I still got same messege. I have a VGN-AR51J and a Samsung LE40R5
My driver is from 06-06 and I cant install ITAOTH-01453103-UN(2) that is the newest driver I can find

//Ola

profile.country.pt_PT.title
V57...
Contributor

Hi flygrc,

Try to update your Vaio with Vaio Update...

or, from here...
http://support.vaio.eu/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=-1&s=-1&m=2875

wigwam12
Visitor

e-Support told me it is not possible to have it on the laptop monitor and the tv at the same time due to BD copyright protection or something.
YOu have to toggle Fn+F7 to switch display to only TV
Please le me know if that sorts it as I only just got my disc and want to watch it too!

Lazerus101
Visitor

I am also having serious issues with this.
My laptop is a VGN-FZ21M. I get the EXACT same problem, I AM NOT trying to run it on both displays only the TV, the laptop screen is off from using Fn+F7 something is SERIOUSLY wrong with the way the software is detecting the external screen IMHO.

wigwam12
Visitor

I just tried my spidey disk and initially it wouldn't play. I updated windvd from Vaio update site and it runs okay and I can get it to display onto the tv - but I get no sound from the movie.
I have made hmdi default, disabled the analogue speakers. when I "test" from control panel I can hear the test tone from both tv speakers but no sound from the movie.
when it on the laptop I get sound and picture.
Any ideas?
I even updated the sigma audio driver.

wigwam12
Visitor

sorted it.
I found that you have to turn the tv off when you connect the hdmi between the tv and the laptop [as it is awkward to get to I leave the end at the tv connected all the time].
When I turned the laptop on and played the movie I got [stereo] sound playing on the tv.