Join now - be part of our community!

Big Problem With My Vaio Pocket!!! Please Help!!!

Wiredchild
Visitor

Big Problem With My Vaio Pocket!!! Please Help!!!

...Hey, i'm a bit worried about my Vaio Pocket. I've only had it a couple of weeks and i turned it on when on the bus today and, i could search through tracks and hear the beeping noise when selecting menus in my headphones, but when i played a track no sound came out of the earphones (no difference if they were plugged to the unit of or the remote).

Anyway, i decided i'd format the Vaio and put my music back on as this problem persisted for several hours. However, i've set it to format and it's been on the "formatting HDD..." screen for nearly half an hour when it normally takes under a minute!!! There's no way to stop it formatting so i suppose i'm going to have to wait for the battery to run down?

...The most worrying this is it's not making a sound, i can tell the HDD isn't even running so.

This is really bad, i'm so fed up of having problems with electronics. Any advise???

5 REPLIES 5
chris_lewis
Visitor

On the bottom of the player is a little hole, this is the reset button. press it and see what happens. as long as you havent deleted the music from your PC you will be fine.

HTH

C

Wiredchild
Visitor

Cheers mate, that worked perfectly! ...Was so worried my Vaio was dead!

...A friend of mine suggested removing the battery before i read this, i didn't want to and didn't but he said it was "removable".

Is the Vaio's battery removable?

chris_lewis
Visitor

I dont actually know Im afraid, I have a HD1 :slight_smile:

Anybody?

Blighty
Visitor

Dont remove the battery it might void the warranty.

Wiredchild
Visitor

Yeh, that's what i thought.