Join now - be part of our community!

Bad Start Up

profile.country.en_GB.title
grahame1612
Visitor

Bad Start Up

I`ve just recently developed a problem on start up...

When loading my computer as I normally do it gets as far as "Starting Windows" then all every thing goe`s into large mode..

Stating "LOGON UI"  and stating "BAD IMAGE" so then this prevents me getting any further, I have to go to F8 to do a System Restore Point so I can get back to my desktop..

Can anyone tell me why this could be happening and is there a easy way of fixing this problem?

I haven`t done many "UPDATES" on my computer.....could this be the cause? I`ve just recently added all "UPDATES" that needed installing after encountering these start up problems...

Any Help Would Be So So Greatful

I`m now growing my hair again as I`ve pulled it out in FRUSTRATION

Message was edited by: grahame1612

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi grahame1612,

Which model do you have and what operating system are you running (please state 32 or 64bit)? Can you also provide the full details of the error message?

A recovery/repair disk may sort the problem but to point you in the right direction we will need the above information. A repair disk can be created on a machine with the same OS or downloaded (I think there is now a small charge to download).

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
grahame1612
Visitor

Hi Rich,

Thanks for contacting me....

Right its a

SYSTEM 32

VAIO TOUCH SCREEN "ALL IN ONE"

Windows 7

Message(s)

C:\windows\system32\RpcRtRemote.dll is either not designed to run on windows

or it contains an error

C:\windows\system32\USERENV.dll (Same message as as above)

I have to keep pressing F9 to get to a part to system restore my settings to get back to

my desk top.....is there anyway I can fix this, or if not can I format my C: Drive by clicking on it and

pressing "FORMAT"

Many Thanks

Grahame

Message was edited by: grahame1612

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Grahame,

To create a repair disk on another Windows 7 (32bit) computer or your machine follow this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-is/windows7/create-a-system-repair-disc

If this option is not available to you then Google ‘Download Windows 7 (32bit) repair disk. Unfortunately most download links have been removed at the request of Microsoft but it seems there are legal ways around this by downloading a full free version of Windows 7.

http://www.techfleece.com/2011/05/06/download-windows-7-repair-disk/

Rich

EDIT: Have you run a FULL scan using more than one anti-virus software?

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat