Join now - be part of our community!

After BIOS update laptop dead

entipck
New

After BIOS update laptop dead

I have a Sony vaio vpccw13fx laptop. I bought a cheap battery for it from china (big mistake) but havent used it for a long time since it required a bios update and i was just too lazy. Anyways, today I decided that today is the day I do something productive and installed the cheap chinese BIOS that came with the cheap chinese battery (another big mistake). After completing the instalation, the computer shut down, i plugged the battery in and nothing happens. It does not turn on, does not charge any of the batteries, no lights, nothing. I have tried every possible combination of sources of power and even took the bottom cover off and disconnected the CMOS battery for a few minutes while holding down the power button. Nothing. Is there anything I can do or have I successfuly crafted my first big red brick? 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi entipck,

Unfortunately you are not the first and probably not the last Vaio user to make this mistake. A search of the forum will provide plenty of others.

I suggest that you contact Sony support to enquire whether they can reflash the BIOS or, in worst case scenario, replace the chip.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat