Join now - be part of our community!

A215M - Finish on case is worn after three weeks

drpellypo
Visitor

A215M - Finish on case is worn after three weeks

Hello,

I've had the above for about three weeks now, and where I rest my right palm, the finish on the case has almost completely worn away. It looks like there's just a mark on there, but if you look closelty, it looks like the surface has completely worn away, and the base colour is exposed. I've not used any cleaning products on it or anything, and the patch is about the size of a 5p piece. Is this normal? Should it have worn away so quickly?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

In reality no, but a few A series users have said the finish doesn't stay long, which is bad news specially for the price.

VAIO Link won't do anything about it either.

drpellypo
Visitor

I'm going to take it back to PC World tomorrow and demend they either replace it, or change the casing. Thanks for your info on the users reports, as this will be good fuel for my case, if it's a known issue. Tonight I've noticed the the section has gotten bigger and the finish has now completely worn away. For a £1300 laptop, developed by Sony, that's just not acceptable imo.

kee-lo_

No, it's poor workmanship really.

feederfan
Visitor

Its a well known fact that sweat is very good for removing paint, and especially when u rest your hands on something they do sweat a bit, the letters came off my desktop keyboard in weeks! You would think they would compensate for this though!

kee-lo_

lol terrible!