Join now - be part of our community!

Why have apps disappeared on my Sony Bravia?

profile.country.GB.title
g00dfeiia
Explorer

Why have apps disappeared on my Sony Bravia?

I have a Bravia KDL-55W955B. The only really useful app for me was OTT Player, which I used to watch IPTV channels.

But it stopped working a few months ago, it said something along the lines of problems with the internet connection. At first I thought it was due to the WIFI, but it didnt go away even with cable. The internet connection is perfectly fine on other apps, like Netflix, Youtube and the browser.

I assume it was one of the updates that caused it, so I restored it to factory settings. Now it's gone altogether and I cant find it anywhere.

Why is that? Does Sony want me to buy a new TV?

I know about alternate "solutions" like https://ottplayer.es/playlist/original but it looks awful and I can't remove the browser toolbar and a part of the widget is not even showing since I can't fullscreen it.

Is there a way to get the app back? I tried factory settings with no connection in order to completely avoid updates, but it's still not showing up.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

Welcome to the community.
There's some information here that could help with your apps. 

We hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Ed

profile.country.PK.title
AtharTanwri

I have Sony W66E, and I used OTT player from VEWD to m3u IPTV files. Now Sony has removed VIEW without consulting the customers.

Kindly add any IPTV player like; VLC player, Kodi or other m3u player. Thanks