Join now - be part of our community!

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ISMADDER
Visitor

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

Any Date yet For ITV PLAYER and CHANNEL 4 ON DEMAND ?

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

made thread a sticky

Tags (5)
337 REPLIES 337
japoreb
Explorer

My next smart tv will be a Samsung. 

profile.country.GB.title
huxley123
drkcwu

After youtube goes I'm sure the BBC iplayer and 5OD will folow and no longer be supported on pre 2012 Sony smart TVs. I'll have 2 fabulous looking wall mounted non-internet Bravia TVs. 😞

profile.country.GB.title
huxley123

I hope I don't lose Freeview, I'll just have a 40" USB picture frame.

Bit annoyed that I didn't buy a NOW TV box when they were £9.99.

when can i watch i t v 3 on catch up

will have to consider returning tv to john lewis

treveden
Explorer

Beleive this may be your best option available to you. As far as I can see there is no other resolution to this .

My Sony is now over 5 yrs old, still working well, but after trying for such a long period to have this resolved Must admit that the youview box from talktalk resolved the issue sort of anyway. By that I mean the youview box presents its own set of issues, remember the Amstrads, same company "Sugars" not a fan.

Good luck

trev

abillybob

I am really annoyed by this. Bought my KD49X8505BBU TV from PC World which cost around £999 last Christmas. I asked the PC world salesman whether or not they included the top 4 on demand services and named 4od and ITV Player to him. He said they don't offer those services just yet but within 2 months they're going to update them with these apps on.

Now because the price was my exact budget, I liked the look of the TV and stupidly believed what I was being told I went ahead with purchase only to find 3 months on still no 4od or ITV Player. I have contacted PC World for a refund as I was mis-sold a product but they're no help.

I contacted Sony to make sure and they confirmed there is no future plans to release these services. But do you know what really gets on my nerves?

Sony is intergrating YouView and Android into there new 2015 Televisions but not updating the old versions. This means that the TV's like mine which are only a few months older than the new 2015 models won't get these services. YouView supports 4od and ITV Player as well as all the other major services.

They are also going to be using android as a platform which is so much better, but now I feel cheated into buying something that dosen't suit my needs. I'm hoping that Sony will look after it's customers properly and update at least some of the older TV's to the new Smart Features but we all know that won't happen.

I have always purchased Sony and I'm extremely disappointed with them and even more angry that now they are releasing these services to people this year with no look-in for me.

For anyone who wants to know what models will have these features the list is here: http://www.youview.com/news/2015/02/03/demand-more-from-your-tv-with-sony-and-youview/ 

FlexibleHead
Explorer

Ahhh, here's what's going on. Or possibly some of what's going on. Channel 4 have actually abandoned 4OD and replaced it with a new thing: 

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a638058/channel-4-to-launch-new-digital-service-all-4-on-monday....

Maybe that's why they haven't been supporting newer devices and updating the app. Only on computers, tablets and phones at the moment, but maybe TV and console apps will follow.

profile.country.GB.title
huxley123

I thought I was imagining it, my new NOW TV box seems to have a new Ch4 app only a few days after I got it.

Hopefully that means it's compatible with updates.

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that my Bravia TV isn't smart any more.

All the apps it will soon show is pay portals for Sony services.