Join now - be part of our community!

What Is Bluetooth Used For on Bravia TVs?

profile.country.IE.title
Eugbug
Explorer

What Is Bluetooth Used For on Bravia TVs?

I can't pair and connect to my TV from either of my 3 phones, although the TV appears in the results of a device search. The TV can't find any of my phones. Can the TV only connect to audio accessories?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
psp888

I got it paired with the Nexus Bluetooth Gamepad.  Tried to pair it with a Sony BT speaker but the TV can't see it, so no idea what else it's good for.

snappergeoff
Explorer

The Bluetooth on my w755 TV recognizes a Bluetooth speaker and it seems to connect but no sound. 

Not sure why not. Speaker works well on Bluetooth from my tablet. What is the correct procedure to make a working connection? 

Pavvy8

yeah for some reason you cannot use bluetooth to transfer sound from TV to headphones or phone and etc..

bluetooth is needed to use NFC to screen mirror Android phone/tablet with the NFC TV remote supplied with TV or bought as optional accessory

snappergeoff
Explorer

Thank you for that clear reply.  You gave me precise information, which the Sony Customer Support request response did not - they gave a very poor reply.

Seems like a waste of having Bluetooth on the TV when it is such a useful and common way of connecting devices.

Thanks again!

Pavvy8

no problem- i know how it feels searching for a clear answer and not get it straight forward

and yes it is quite weird and sometimes it depends on who you end up with when calling customer service- as you may end up with some really good ones or some real horrible ones unfortunately. 

to be fair Sony does not advertise the TV as bluetooth but there must be some kind of reasoning as to why they dont have it

profile.country.en_GB.title
orangeyred

I believe it's there to connect the touch remote and for PS4 Dualshock controllers so you can use Playstation Now.