Join now - be part of our community!

Video support on KDL-22EX320 over DLNA

profile.country.en_GB.title
sanjayj
Visitor

Video support on KDL-22EX320 over DLNA

Hi

I am interested in knowing what video formats are supported natively (i.e. no transcoding) by this TV over DLNA. I currently own KDL-37W5810 and it only supports AVCHD and MPEG2. I have a WDTV Live Hub which is my Media Server and is DLNA compliant. In some part of the Sony site, I see the 22EX320 supports AVCHD and MPEG2 only. In another part of the site (including the i-manual), it says it supports Divx, MP4 and xvids. So I am a bit confused as to which is correct. I phoned the support team and the support engineer basically listed every video file format she could think of.

I want to buy this TV but I need this information to decide whether it will be suitable for me or not.

2 REPLIES 2
gigagrump
Visitor

I have a WDTV Live Hub and the same TV. MPEG4 DNLA streaming is supported BUT you must make sure the file extension is .mp4 (not .m4v) when  you copy the files to the Live Hub.

Apart from that, works a treat!!!

sanjayj
Visitor

Since then, I have discovered quite a bit about this TV. I have managed to get it to play MPEG, Divx, Xvid, MP4 and m2ts. However, it is a little fussy about the video stream contained within the supported containers.