Join now - be part of our community!

Video on Demand - buffering?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mikegunnill
New

Video on Demand - buffering?

I recently bought a KDL 37EX503. I purchased the Sony dongle for internet connection. During the day, I don't have a problem but after 19.00 hours my movie keeps stopping/buffering and then continuing. Not an ideal way to watch a film!

I have tried with a dongle & a cable, the same happens. I think my connection speed is dropping after the film has started. This of course makes for a view ing problem.

I think this must be a common problem, I wondered how other users cope with this and if you have any helpful comments. I also have a support email in, to my internet provider but I think as we are in the country, I may be at my maxium with regard to speed.

I would welcome comments, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
ToonBear
Visitor

If same happens via a cabled connection as you say then it sounds like a bandwidth issue. There are various web sites that can do a speed test, try www.ispreview.co.uk, which will give you some idea of how your network performs at any moment in time. Repeat tests at quiet and busy times over a period.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ToonBear
Visitor

If same happens via a cabled connection as you say then it sounds like a bandwidth issue. There are various web sites that can do a speed test, try www.ispreview.co.uk, which will give you some idea of how your network performs at any moment in time. Repeat tests at quiet and busy times over a period.

Catmambo
Contributor

Also worth looking at one of these potentially. Another user on here managed to add 1mb to his existing speed, so bang for buck they are very good. Available from the usual retailers...

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=25075&s_cid=btb_FURL_...

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
mikegunnill
New

Catmambo

Thank you for your helpful reply. I have the correct BT plate already which has helped. I am doing speed tests at different times of the day, I think this is my problem and that I am a long way from the exchange.

The test at 9.00am was 2156k, I am almost certain this drops in the evening.

Thank you again.

profile.country.GB.title
mikegunnill
New

ToonBear

Thanks for your reply, I am grateful. I am running speed tests now, at different time sof the day. If my speed drops in the evenings,when I am most likely wanting to watch a film, I am not sure what I can do.

Thank you