Join now - be part of our community!

TrackID doesn't work on 520 and 720

SOLVED
profile.country.RO.title
Rockamour
New

TrackID doesn't work on 520 and 720

Hello everyone.

I have a KDL-32EX520 and a KDL-40EX720. I have wireless Internet on both, working fine (browser, facebook, twitter etc) Also got the latest firmware update for both of them (PKG3.807EUA-0104)

Unfortunately on both of them TrackID doesn't work. When i press the TrackID button on my remote, on both TV i got the message: "unavailable feature"

Any suggestion please? Any special settings required for TrackID to work?

Thank you very much.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.pt_PT.title
jlmtwt
Visitor

Após várias tentativas com a SONY (sem sucesso) e depois de muita pesquisa na internet sobre o problema específico(sem sucesso), tentei então pesquisar sobre problemas de rede e vi que umas das possibilidade para o problema (erro de rede, envio de dados) seria o MTU. Para resolver o problema, a solução é alterar o valor do "MTU" na configuração do roteador (quem usa wi-fi) (para modem deve ser a mesma coisa), no meu caso mudei (no roteador) para 1464 e funcionou. Para saber o MTU apropriado para o seu caso pode-se tentar usar o programa TCPOptimizer (tem no http://www.baixaki.com.br/download/sg-tcp-optimizer.htm), ou colocar o valor de 1464 e ver se funciona.

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:

After several attempts with SONY (unsuccessfully) and after much research on the internet about the specific problem (unsuccessfully), then tried to find out about network problems and saw that each possibility for the problem (network error, sending data ) would be the MTU. To solve the problem, the solution is to change the value of the "MTU" in the router configuration (who uses wi-fi) (for modem should be the same thing) in my case I changed (the router) for 1464 and it worked. To find the appropriate MTU for your case you can try to use the program TCPOptimizer (has the http://www.baixaki.com.br/download/sg-tcp-optimizer.htm), or put the value of 1464 and see if it works.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Hmm - thats strange. Just tried mine and it worked first time. Mybe it was a temporary glitch, but you could try resetting the TV and see if that fixes it.

Should work first time though. Shout if its still not working though..

Thanks

profile.country.RO.title
Rockamour
New

Hello Catmambo. Thanks for your reply.

They still don't work ...so i'll give u more details maybe you can help me.

The glitch it's not temporary because they never worked on both tv's.

I tried to figure out why they don't work on 2 different models of tv, bought at some distance.

So ..Internet works fine on them, got dual band (5 + 2.5 ) wireless router, browser, facebook works perfect.

I did like u told me, i reseted the 720 but no luck. For example when i switch to a music channel, press TrackID, i got a message ("3 results"), i push the cross button for details and got the message: "unavailable feature".

Also "music/video search" on both tv doesn't work, same message: "unavailable feature"

Once i got the "300 error code" on TrackID at a video search.

Any other suggestion besides reseting TV ?

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Totally bamboozled by this one...gut instinct would suggest there is something wrong with your Internet as that's the only constant between the two. But then everything else is seemingly working on the TV's in terms of Internet content, so maybe not....If you've done a firmware update and factory reset, I'd then get one of them booked into your local service centre so they can test it and diagnose...

Sorry can't help out more remotely..

Thanks

martinc85
Visitor

I have a similar problem on my KDL-40EX723, when trying to use Track ID i keep getting "Network Error", I have access to the internet for BBCi player etc and have tried refreshing content but still no connection I have also have the latest firmware, any suggestions?

profile.country.pt_PT.title
jlmtwt
Visitor

Após várias tentativas com a SONY (sem sucesso) e depois de muita pesquisa na internet sobre o problema específico(sem sucesso), tentei então pesquisar sobre problemas de rede e vi que umas das possibilidade para o problema (erro de rede, envio de dados) seria o MTU. Para resolver o problema, a solução é alterar o valor do "MTU" na configuração do roteador (quem usa wi-fi) (para modem deve ser a mesma coisa), no meu caso mudei (no roteador) para 1464 e funcionou. Para saber o MTU apropriado para o seu caso pode-se tentar usar o programa TCPOptimizer (tem no http://www.baixaki.com.br/download/sg-tcp-optimizer.htm), ou colocar o valor de 1464 e ver se funciona.

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:

After several attempts with SONY (unsuccessfully) and after much research on the internet about the specific problem (unsuccessfully), then tried to find out about network problems and saw that each possibility for the problem (network error, sending data ) would be the MTU. To solve the problem, the solution is to change the value of the "MTU" in the router configuration (who uses wi-fi) (for modem should be the same thing) in my case I changed (the router) for 1464 and it worked. To find the appropriate MTU for your case you can try to use the program TCPOptimizer (has the http://www.baixaki.com.br/download/sg-tcp-optimizer.htm), or put the value of 1464 and see if it works.