Join now - be part of our community!

Sony W9 - DLNA, false "Unsupported content." error message

Kosire
Explorer

Sony W9 - DLNA, false "Unsupported content." error message

Hey,

I could'nt find out where you submit bugs to Sony about their products, so I'm submitting it here.

I just got myself a new Sony W9 tv (wonderful tv btw) and I can play all my files over DLNA. However, there is one file the TV thinks it can't play, where it says "Unsupported content". However, the movie plays fine, the audio works and even subtitles work. So what's the problem?

I can't get the message to go away, it keeps being visible under the entire playback of the movie. it's clearly supported since it's playing the video, playing the audio and subtitles.

I tried getting another message to show instead (by pressing some buttons), but after that error message was gone I got the same one back again "Unsupported content".

How do I remove it?!

I've uploaded the info on the movie file I've tried that shows it's unsupported (even though it's not) and then the info of a movie that works aswell, but without the error message.

Movie_that_provides_the_error_message_but_works.mkv

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=c7nZ5tpY

Movie_that_works_without_error_message.mkv

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=sVr9wW8r

If you compare the two, you can see they both use V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC for video, they both use DTS for audio, they both have SRT subtitles, The only real difference there is, is that the bitrate is slighty higher on the one that provides the error message - but it works fine when playing it on the tv.

This is clearly as bug, as both videos play fine but only the first one shows the "Unsupported content." message, that you can't get rid of!

55 REPLIES 55

Hi there,
As I have stated earlier I get the same error message but I could rid the message by going to menu and selecting SCENE and returning back to view screen.

Regards
Wasantha

Sent from my iPad
J-star

Hi 

Wasantha - it may work on your model, but doesn't appear to work for others.  For example I have the KD-55X9005A and the message doesn't go away despite trying your method.

Quinnicus - thanks for your help on this as with everything.  It appears you're really on the case.  The only thing that needs to be done I would think is just making the message removable once it appears, e.g. by pressing the return button.  Once it appears we know that the file is outside of the supported codecs/parameters, but could then continue to watch it if it works well enough if we can just get rid of the little message!

Thanks

Jeff 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just about to point you to this thread.

Unfortunately Im not on the case...  I have not heard of anything about a 'resolution' in regards to this for sometime.  Sony Japan are aware of this, but no nothing else.  I have sent a message to Sony EU to see if they can find ouy more.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just about to point you to this thread.

Unfortunately Im not on the case...  I have not heard of anything about a 'resolution' in regards to this for sometime.  Sony Japan are aware of this, but know nothing else.  I have sent a message to Sony EU to see if they can find ouy more.

david3960
Explorer

I have the same problem it is really annoying file plays fine cannot get rid of the unsupported content error message sort it out please sony !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David3960

This issue is still under investigation with Sony of which we are waiting for an update on a fix.  In the mean time, try going into "Scene Select" and then returning out of it, as I understand that this may help in removing the message.

Cheers

Nightbass
Explorer

Unfortunately this scene select won't remove the message on W905.

david3960
Explorer

Unfirtunately The Scene Select fix does not work with my TV. Guess I'll have to wait foor a fix

david3960
Explorer

Your right it does not work with my TV

profile.country.GB.title
tennysonman

Is it possible you can make the file available for test?