Join now - be part of our community!

Sony TV can't find wireless network

Sony TV can't find wireless network

Hi

I've a Sony TV, model number KDL-49WD756.

When searching for a wireless network it returns no results and suggests to search manually, but doing that also fails. We've countless other devices connected to the wifi so we know the wifi is working. 

Any idea what the issue could be? 

Thanks

C

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,
inside the Router try to change Wi-Fi Channel, from "Auto" (maybe actual setting) to 1, 6 or 11.
For access to the Router settings, write 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 on the Browser Address bar. Dafault User and Password if hasn't change.

Manolo

Hi, 

Thanks manolo, just tried putting it to channel 1. But that hasn't helped. 

When the 'connection results'  page on the TV comes up it says

Wireless Device on TV: found

Local access: failed

Internet access: failed

The wireless box also has a wps button, but the TV can't pair with that either. I'm a bit stumped to be honest. 

Thanks

C

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Do you have an active Firewall into the Router? Try to disable it.

For WPS, is this the procedure?:

Settings > System Settings > Set-up > Network > Home Network Setup > Set up network connection > Easy > WPS (Push Button)

Wireless Device on TV: found

Probably is the Wi-Fi Direct.

Sorry for my poor english.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

My TV did the same thing when I first got mine. I tried everything but the only thing that worked was sticking a cocktail stick in my router and resetting it. Which was annoying as I have a wifi password I could remember not the jumble of letter and numbers that was the default. Anyway I would suggest that as it worked for me.