Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia

profile.country.GB.title
Hobbo36
New

Sony Bravia

Absolutely fed up with this tv, bbc iplayer, more 4 the lot of them don’t load, keep getting error has occurred on screen, internet is connected updates are up to date the lot, last time I buy from Sony it’s meant to be a smart tv..... there is nothing smart about it 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
David926

I sympathise.

Mine is OK with the internet stuff, but completely useless as a telly.

Any internet / streaming problems I had went away if I "switched it off and on again". I unplugged  the  Amazon Firestick and waited a while and then plugged it back in. I don't know if that would help you, and my apologies - I'm assuming you have probably tried that with whatever you use to connect to the internet.

But overall I do agree that the recent Bravias appear to be utter dogs. (I had an old one for years, and it was faultless - completely fooled me into getting another one when I needed a bigger screen after a house move).

Never again. Ever.

Mine sort of works now, but only after doing a "return to factory settings" reset.

profile.country.GB.title
langdaler

just to add a new comment to this issue-i have just 'upgraded' to a new Sony 50WF663(one week ago) and have had 5 occasions when it has disconnected from the Internet(using Wi-Fi)-doing a reset to get reconnected has become almost a daily ritual.

my router is fine/my computer and phone work fine wirelessly......i like the TV as a TV-it's picture quality etc but,as a Smart TV,it has this connection issue that Sony has not addressed-many comments from Community members about other models' problems.

i rather think it may be going back to retailer-no more Sony!