Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia - We66 40inch TV Info Banner Popups - Firmware Update Please Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
Bloodline2009
Explorer

Sony Bravia - We66 40inch TV Info Banner Popups - Firmware Update Please Sony.

Hey all,

The HDMI info banner popups are driving me nuts. On the We66 40inch there's not option to turn off info banner and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get rid unless Sony do a proper firmware update to fix this issue once and for all. I'm a PC user on AMD gfx card, have updated both OS and gfx cards from Win7 to Win10, R9 270x to RX5500XT 8GB with the same HDMI info banner popping up every time I watch something full screen online. I've changed HDMI cables, tested specific scenarios ie monitor on/off times, background applications including firewalls, audio drivers, social media and other PC specific notifications that may request a change in resolution or quality via video and nothing seems to fix it.

Regardless of the plethora of potentials that could be causing this bug, and it's very clear that many Sony TV customers over the years on various Sony TV devices have been complaining about this issue, I'm requesting a hard fix firmware update from Sony to disable the Top Info Banner pop ups on all TV platforms. Yes, it could be a specific hardware vendor related issue but all Sony TV products should have the option to disable Info Banners if users choose and decide that this will fix their problem. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Bloodline2009
Explorer

Perhaps a viral Meme of the Sony banner TV in the bin is required.. C'mon Sony, at least reply.

profile.country.GB.title
Bloodline2009
Explorer

Any replies to fix this would be appreciated. Do Sony devs ever reply to customers posts?..