Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-42W653A satellite Diseqc operation

SOLVED
Mark-P189
Explorer

Sony Bravia KDL-42W653A satellite Diseqc operation

Hello everyone,

I have so far managed to install this Tv with a mono block LNB connected to its satellite input which has a built in Diseqc switch. I have also run the satellite digital auto tuning and found over 3000 channels here in the UK. The satellite dish is pointed at hotbird (13a) with the offset LNB in the monoblock able to receive Astra (19) as well., which gives the high combined number of channels. Hotbird is setup on Diseqc A and Adtra on Diseqc B. What I have failed to do so far is using the remote control switch over to the second set of channels on Astra, since the primary Diseqc position is Hotbird. I can navigate up to high numbered radio channels on Hotbird (e.g. 7368) however I cannot find any of the channels that I know I should receive from Astra. If anyone is able to provide any advice or suggestions I would appreciate it. If I find out anything else in the mean time I will post another message here.
17 REPLIES 17
kc1980
New

Yes, I followed this procedure

profile.country.en_GB.title
icarusi
Explorer

I have a motorised non-diseqc dish, so I just manually input the frequencies of the 4k channels at 19.2 E on the same single satellite setting. Just have to be careful not to leave the TV tuned to a frequency use by both 19.2E and 28.2E satellites when moving the dish. The TV tends to overwrite the 19.2 channel details with those for 28.2. I did autotune 4 satellites  but it took forever and a retune also needed all 4 sats, easier just to use a separate STB for quick blind scans of individual sats or Kingofsat for channel data.

The 4k channels show up as radio channels but the full TS is available to record and I play them back via a Venz K1+ media streamer from Scan. The K1+ box also plays TS streams the Sony's sat tuner won't display, just audio. No vital programming missed though, just tests. The 3 19.2E regular 4k channels are Insight, Fashion 4k and Pearl. 

If you go to Kingofsat and tick the UHD box near the top, it'll filter to just UHD/4k channels on any satellite you choose.

The K1+ box also plays media that the TVs 'media server' can't handle because it doesn't have enough memory. Even if you switch it to the lowest display settings or use many folders to keep on-screen numbers low it still crashes. Do yourselves a favour and get a K1+ box of some sort. 

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi again

I also use those two satellites but with a stable 1,2m dish and two adjusted side by side LNB's.

I have no problem with channels overwriting. Do, the specific 4K channels that you watch, happen to have the same frequency on different satellites?

Did you Update to latest firmware and then Factory reset?

icarusi
Explorer

>>Do, the specific 4K channels that you watch, happen to have the same frequency on different satellites?

Yes.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hotbird

FunBox 4K :10725 H 3000 3/4

Hot Bird 4k1 : 10725 H 3000 3/4

ASTRA

Insight UHD : 12344 H 3000 2/3

PEARL TV 4K UHD : 12344 H 3000 2/3

HDR test 2 : 10711 H 23500 3/4                     (No sound)

SES UHD Demo Channel : 10990 H 21999 5/6

UHD by ASTRA / HD+ : 10990 H 21999 5/6

Fashion 4K : 11108 H 22000 2/3

HLG teststream : 10711 H 23500 3/4             (this is a 2160@59.94Hz not a 4K)

No same frequencies

icarusi
Explorer

Frequency clash is with Astra 19.2E and 28.2E

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Sorry misunderstood.

Cannot check because of different position and dish adjustment.

Could be a software issue but this could happen during an auto search. When doing this manually do you also select the satellite?

profile.country.GB.title
knewt68
Explorer

I was just looking at this post out of curiosity, I have a KDL42W829 and setup 3 LNB with Disecq, no problem during installation, scan channels as expected but this functionality you are looking for is just not available on this TV Set, perhaps is just a feature available on proper sat decoders.