Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia (KDL-32BX400) Audio IN problem

SOLVED
FilkeBG
Explorer

Sony Bravia (KDL-32BX400) Audio IN problem

Hi to all,

When I connect audio cable from my computer audio card (line out) to Audio In (L R cinch at back tv panel) and in TV Menu select in Sound properties TV Speaker and PC in another submenu there is no sound. Also, tried to choose HDMI1 in Sound Menu, and connected my computer to HDMI port at TV's backpanel, but nothing happens. Any combination of Sound settings doesn't work for me. But when I connect DVB-T2 receiver via HDMI port it normally works with sound on through TV Speakers. What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Yes or buy this:

rca to35.jpg

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

Check your sound settings in Windows? Control Panel.

Select the proper device for the output you prefer(Analogue or HDMI) and set that as default as long as you use it.

Just experiment until you find the right one device.

About the analogue, did you test the PC output in another audio device input?.

FilkeBG
Explorer

I've checked sound settings in Control Panel. Everything is ok, because before that I've used external Yamaha audio receiver to output sound from my computer and everything worked fine.

Select the proper device for the output you prefer(Analogue or HDMI) and set that as default as long as you use it. Just experiment until you find the right one device.

Where to select Analog or HDMI output in Windows in Control Panel or? I've tried to select in Sound options menu --> PC and even HDMI1 and nothing happens in both ways. I don't know what else to try.My cable from audio card is working fine for sure, it is something wrong with audio in settings on TV but I can't figure it out what!

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

I mean something similar to these:

Sound.PNG

Sound.PNG

Every PC or Laptop is different

FilkeBG
Explorer

I use integrated CPU graphic, so don't have settigs to Set Up Digital Audio like in first window above. I've connected TV and computer via DVI from my computer to HDMI port on TV. Also I tried to connect computer and TV via VGA cable but still no audio output. My audio card setting are the same as Sound properties in second window above. When I connect headset to my computer everything is working ok. Also tried to change everything in Sound and Speaker Menu on TV and nothing happens. 

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Then your settings should be like this:

audio.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi both.

Ive been reading this thread, and believe the devil is in the detail.  What I mean is, is that I think it is all determined how you have plugged it into the TV.  Certain connections on the TV, will not display both audio and video if you are splitting the cablings.  This is because you have to set the TV to a specific AV channel.  So if you have connected a HDMI cable for video on a HDMI channel, you cannot have audio on another AV channel.  

Please see the two pictures below from the TVs manual and reply back on exactly how you have connected it.  There is a corresponding letter as well in the pictures to make it easier.

_20160706_170745.JPG

_20160706_170811.JPG

Cheers

FilkeBG
Explorer

First I've connected DVI to HDMI cable from my PC to HDMI1 port on TV (C on picture below), and chinch audio cable (one side single 3.5mm jack, other side R and L chinch jack) from audio card on PC to R,L Audio In on TV (G on picture). 

Second time I've connected VGA cable from my computer to PC IN port on TV (H on picture), and chinch audio cable from audio card on PC to R,L Audio In on Tv (G on picture).

But now I see on below picture PC/HDMI1 Audio IN port (B on picture), but port is some kind different from R,L Audio In port, it doesn't have two holes for R and L chinch side? 

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

You use both times your PC analogue audio output. DVI or VGA do not trigger PC's digital integrated audio output. Only HDMI does.

Do you have an HDMI output on your PC or just a DVI and a VGA ?

Did you try another analogue output line out from another audio device like an old cd-player or even a very low volume set earphone output from other devices?

You must figure out if the problem is related to TV or to PC.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The R+L jacks on the TV labeled 'G' is an Audio OUT port.  So this cannot be used.

As you are using HDMI - As you have said, you will need to use the HDMI1 port as labelled in 'B', but the audio appears to be a Line IN socket (3.5mm ?) jack.  This is the only place you can input audio from a HDMI port - ive circled in red.

Once you have connected it this way, Turn the TV to the HDMI1 channel and follow @MiCal1967 advice in order to set the audio settings on your PC ( if not automatically detected that is)

_20160707_110646.JPG

Hope this helps

Cheers