Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bavaria KDL-50W800B keeps on rebooting with media player connected

Gymtrim1
New

Sony Bavaria KDL-50W800B keeps on rebooting with media player connected

I have logged calls with the local support, with the support in MEA and nothing helps. I am going around for 8 months now and cannot use my SOny Bavaria with a Media player connected. I have reformated all my media players to FAT32, I have bought other media players, I have factory reset my Sony Bavaria, All it does is reboot the whole time when a media players is connected. The latest is that I coppied a few movies to a USB drive 8 GB and plugged that in. All worked well and did not reboot. I had the same model prior to it being stolen and it worked fine with everything I already have. This is now a useless TV to me, as I had to purchase a local brand to be able to do what Sony was supposed to do at a tenth of the price.

Here is the latest correspondence:

Dear Consumer, 

Thank you for contacting Sony Middle East and Africa Contact Centre.  

We have gone through your email below and understand your concern. 

Please be requested format the media device USB in Fat32 format and then copy the file which you wish to play in the TV.

If the issue still persist then kindly sent us more pictures in order to escalate your concern to our technical team for further assistance.

In the meantime, we shall wait for your reply.

Sincerely,

Edited by Quinnicus to remove contact information

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately this is a UK/EU forum and by the sounds of it you appear to be in a country outside the EU. Hence I am unable to escalate or find out on the progress of your specific case due to this.

A couple of questions though- when you referr to a 'media player' are you meaning a USB drive?

Does the content you are trying to watch conform to the supported codec, see:

http://docs.esupport.sony.com/imanual/NA/2015/KDL70W850B-60W850B-70W840B-60W840B-70W830B-50W800B-55W...

Cheers

Gymtrim1
New

Hi dear corresponded.

The media devices plug into the USB slot and all have the same response and are formatted as FAT32.

The codec is exactly the same format as the supported and listed codec. As I say I can take the same movies from the media devices, copy it to a USB stick and view it without any issues. The fact that the movies were showing on a previous / same device now replaced, without issues, is another fact that it is supported, the write format and was working. Simply put the SONY TV is now a waste as I had to purchase a TV that is not even a 10th of the price and it supports and shows all the movies on all my media devices. SAD but seems like SONY is letting me down as a customer. I have always believed in SONY products and have SONY true sound systems, DVD Blue ray, TV's, Sony Hand Camcorder and more. Now I have something that is not for filling it's purpose, and no help or support available??
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In your first post, you said that the TV reboots itself when a USB drive is connected, can you re-confirm?  If this is the case, i suspect that this is a hardware fault.

Cheers

Gymtrim1
New

HI SONYEU.

This is completely correct. While any of the media players are connected the TV stops responding and physically goes blank and then shows the SONY logo and becomes operational again. This happens every 5 minutes. Other than this I have put the same movies and files on a USB stick and put this into the USB slot. What happens then is that it is stable and accessible without impact. I have tried media devices getting their power from the USB and power from an external power supply and have the same effect. This is my 3rd SONY Bavaria, and this is the only one that gives this problems. Unfortunately, the 1st one was stolen and replaces, then the second one was an attempted theft and they broke the screen and I had it replaced with the same model as in reference. the previous 2 SONY BAVARIA KDL-50W800B worked perfectly well until stolen or damaged. I have a very bad feeling that I will not or cannot have this issue resolved as the support is very limited in South Africa, and I have been going around in circles, having skype call and more, and have reached no conclusion or help. this has now take nearly 12 months and I am no closer to resolving the issue. Affectively I have spend over R70 000.00 rand in Sony TV replacement, and now had to resort to buying a cheaper more supported brand that works perfectly, as the limitation with the existing TV is just unbearable and annoying.