Join now - be part of our community!

SMP-N200 Media Player not playing DivX files from USB

profile.country.en_GB.title
sh55123
Visitor

SMP-N200 Media Player not playing DivX files from USB

Hi,

I have been struggling for days now to try and get my newly purchased SMP-N200 streaming media player (purchased in the US) to play DivX files from my USB hard drive.

The files that do not work are all in avi containers, and are using the DivX5 codec. I have read numerous times all over the net that this device did not support DivX in the factory firmware, but did as of firmware M10.R.0579 onwards. I have just updated (via network update) to the latest M10.R.0615 firmware, have tried resetting to factory defaults, but it always comes up and says 'unsupported or corrupt data' when trying to play a DivX avi file. XviD avi's and mp4's play fine.

Catmambo...do you have any ideas? I wanted to upgrade to the previous 0579 firmware, but as you can only update to whatever the provisioning server is presenting (in this case, the latest 0615 firmware), then this is not an option. You did mention downloading and updating the firmware via USB on one posting for the n100 player - is this an option for the n200, and if so, where can I download the M10.R.0579 firmware and how do I perform a USB based update.

Any help greatly appreciated, as this box is great and would be perfect if it could play my DivX's too.

EDIT - I have just tried streaming files from my PC using Serviio DNLA media server. Again, XviD and MP4's work fine, and the same DivX 5 files do not, so this issue is not confined to USB.

Message was edited by: sh55123

0 REPLIES 0