Join now - be part of our community!

Picture settings on KD43XG7003

profile.country.GB.title
Gizmo006
Explorer

Picture settings on KD43XG7003

Hi everyone 

I got a new Sony KD43XG7003 on Sunday and I am trying to set up the pictures settings.

It says on the tips and tricks on Sony website to download a test chart on a usb key and to read it from the Media Player on the Tv. It says as well that the test chart will be displayed on the screen while changing the settings.

Now the thing is that when I press the Home button to access the system settings the chart is not on the screen and therefore I don't know how to setup the picture properly . 

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Yes the Sony page is not perfectly clear on this, before using the Test Image you downloaded

press on the Home button and go to System Settings> Picture and switch off all the extraneous 

items like Reality Creation, Noise Reduction, Motionflow, Film Mode and everything in the Advanced Settings.

Once you have done that then press Home to Exit.

Press on the Home button again and go to Media and select Photo

Navigate to the USB stick and then the TestI mage press the select/ ok in the middle of the circle

on the remote control, the test image will now be displayed.

Pressing Home now will take you out of the Media viewer and back to the TV, so do not do that.

Instead press the Options button and on the right of the screen you will see a menu,

Select Picture, now go through all the various parameters to set how the image should look.

If you do not see the menu when pressing Options then press on Home and go to Settings> Set Up

scroll down through the list till you get to Bravia Synch Settings, select and switch everything on and under 

Device Control Keys select Normal. Press Return twice to exit, now go back to Home> Media> Photo

and open the Test Image.

Press Home when you are finished.

Press Home again to come out of the media viewer.

Where the Sony article is misleading is that it makes you think you are calibrating your screen 

for viewing in all modes, but all you have done is calibrated it for viewing images through the Media> Photos Viewer.

You will have to set up your TV for viewing television, and for viewing from a DVD/ Blu Ray player or PVR,

basically for each device you have plugged in to the TV through HDMI, USB, or other input.

There is no one overall picture setting that will suit all devices as each device will display differently on your TV you then use the Options> Picture to set the TV up for displaying the output of the attached device to your liking.

Once you have done it once for each device the TV will remember each different setting values for each device.

When you switch from TV input to say DVD input you will not have to reset the picture settings.

You will also need to do the same for the Sound settings.

However if you do a factory reset or the TV set is reset in any other way you will need to do it all over again so you may want to 

write down the settings for each device to give you a head start if you need to do it again.

Good luck with your new TV, I have the 2018 model KD-43XF7073 which after 15 months stopped working due to 

the mainboard failing, it arrived back from repair yesterday, the TV repairman said this was not an unusual occurrence.

Thankfully I have a multi year guarantee, I hope you do too.

profile.country.GB.title
Gizmo006
Explorer

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my query . 

I will have to play around with the settings . 

Starting to get my head around tbh . Now I will just have to find the perfect settings for each device and it will take some time but I'm pretty sure I will manage as I bought an Apple Tv 4K as well and I just want to enjoy it to the best of its ability . 

Thanks again for your reply