Join now - be part of our community!

Multiple Screens Isolate Remote Control

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
OldStruds
Visitor

Multiple Screens Isolate Remote Control

Hi all,

Hope you can help on this.  I have installed two Sony Bravia KDL55EX720 screens in a meeting room.  One is connected to a  Computer and Freeview box the Other to a Video Conferencing unit.  The problem I am having is that each time I select an input source from one of the Remote Controls, it changes the Source on both Screens.  The same happens with Volume Controls.

Is there a way to isolate the two controls to work on their specifc screen, rather than on both?

Hope someone can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Technically you can't isolate the remote, but couple of suggestions.

You could use the smartphone app which works over wifi which would only control one TV.

Alternatively I've seen plastic caps used over the ends of the remote to again narrow the spread of the IR beam. A slightly more adverturous alternative ( and officially unsupported ) could be to make the remote more directional by opening it up and shielding the IR trasnmitter, so it only points straight ahead rather than in such a wide spread.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Technically you can't isolate the remote, but couple of suggestions.

You could use the smartphone app which works over wifi which would only control one TV.

Alternatively I've seen plastic caps used over the ends of the remote to again narrow the spread of the IR beam. A slightly more adverturous alternative ( and officially unsupported ) could be to make the remote more directional by opening it up and shielding the IR trasnmitter, so it only points straight ahead rather than in such a wide spread.

Hope this helps

profile.country.GB.title
IanTomBower
Explorer

Thank you for the answer to shield the end of the remote.
I have a Sony XF TV and a Sony TV as a computer monitor.
I was forever accidentally turning on or of the XF when I just wanted to control the computer monitor.
Some black tape over the end of the remote works a treat.
The attached picture is the trial version, I will do a neater version later. :slight_smile:remote.jpg