Join now - be part of our community!

movie file format on USB stick

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
stigsdump
Visitor

movie file format on USB stick

I have a KDL-46V5810 and have recently tried to play a movie file from the USB stick for the first time. I formatted the stick to FAT32 and have tried .avi .vob and .iso files on the stick. For some reason none have been recognized when the stick is accessed from the TV menu.

What am i doing wrong

any help would be appreciated

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The answer is in your iManual: -

• Files from a USB device need to be compatible with the following file formats.
  •   - Still images: JPEG format or RAW format (preview only)
  •   - Music: MP3 formatt
  •   - Video: AVCHD, MP4 (AVC) or MPEG1 format (not playable in some cases)

:wink:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The answer is in your iManual: -

• Files from a USB device need to be compatible with the following file formats.
  •   - Still images: JPEG format or RAW format (preview only)
  •   - Music: MP3 formatt
  •   - Video: AVCHD, MP4 (AVC) or MPEG1 format (not playable in some cases)

:wink:

BlueSmoke1000
Visitor

This thread here :

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/638254#638254

might help you in getting a few other formats to play on your Sony Bravia :slight_smile:

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Find attached compatible usb formats and extensions for all models 2010.

:slight_smile:

TK9999
New

Getting MP4 files to play on my Bravia EX503 has had me foxed for a while. I couldn't get any of my MP4 movies to play via USB, yet they play perfectly when streamed using the free Serviio.org DLNA media server software.

I just found the way to get MP4s to play via USB. I use Nero software for converting DVDs to MP4s so they can be played on a variety of devices. In the digital category section of Nero it defaults to 'Nero Digital' and I confirm this format will not work on Bravia's (actually the movie plays but with audio only, no picture at all). By simply changing the category to 'Nero Digital AVC', the resulting MP4's play perfectly. In fact, they seem better quality and are slightly smaller in size.

Bit of a pain that I've now got to re-do a bunch of DVDs, but at least I've found a way to get MP4s playing via USB.